How to Book Safari In Sariska National Park
Sariska National Park is one of the famous places for tiger sightings located approximately 100 kms from Pink City of India, Jaipur. The park is in Alwar district of Rajasthan. covering an 800 square km area with scrub-thorn arid forests, dry deciduous forests, grasslands, and rocky hills.
Why Visit Sariska ?
- Sariska National Park is just a 4-hour drive from Delhi and is the closest forest reserve from the capital city. Hence it is the best destination for a weekend getaway for the residents of Delhi.
- Moreover, Sariska National Park is smaller, when compared to other national parks. The major portion of the forest can be covered in 1-2 safari drives and hence there are high chances of sighting wildlife.
- Wide range of flora and fauna
Wildlife in Sariska
Sariska forest reserve has a wide range of flora and fauna. Indian leopard, striped hyena, jungle cat, caracal, golden jackal, chital, sambar deer, nilgai, wild boar, ruddy mongoose, honey badger, Rhesus macaque, Northern plains gray langur and hare are common sightings. Sariska is a bliss for bird watchers with some of the rarest flocks like grey partridge, white-throated kingfisher, Indian peafowl, bush quail, sandgrouse, treepie, golden-backed woodpecker, crested serpent eagle and the Indian eagle-owl.
Gates in Sariska
Sariska National Park has 2 gates. The first and most popular gate is Sariska gate, which has 3 zones. These zones namely Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3 are most preferred, and the tiger sightings are maximum. The second gate is named as Telha gate which is approximately 80 km from Sariska gate.
WildTrails customer testimonial
When can you visit Sariska?
The best time to visit Sariska National Park is anytime between October and May. The best time to visit exclusively for tiger sighting is between March to May. Sariska National park is ideal for sightings since the forest reserve is small when compared to other national parks.
How can WildTrails help you?
We help you book your vacation with the help of sightings Book Your Sariska Trip Here
- We help you know how tiger sightings are in Sariska recently and were in the past? Example, check below:
How to read this graph?
In Dec 2020 , “tiger sightings” (aqua color bar) are close to 70%, that means, tiger is sighted approximately 21 days out of the 30 days.
Recent sighting data can be found above. More details on sighting on our website Sighting Index Data Of Sariska National Park
There are 2 types of safari in Sariska-
Canter safari At Sariska National Park
Canter safari option is recommended if your group size is big enough. A single canter can accommodate up to 20 tourists. The canter safari is scheduled for twice a day. The morning drive is from 6 AM to 10 AM and the evening drive is from 2 PM to 6 PM.
Pros And Cons Of Canter Safari
- Canter safari works out if the group size is huge. They are economical and worth the buck.
- There is no expert tiger tracker assigned while on canter safari.
- The canter cannot penetrate to deep woods and hence less possibility of sightings.
Jeep safari At Sariska National Park
A 3-hour ride through the woods in an open-air gypsy is a great choice to find the maximum sightings in Sariska National Park. There are 2 safari drives scheduled per day. The morning safari is scheduled at 6 AM and the evening drive is scheduled at 3 PM. Moreover, you will be assigned with an expert tiger tracker if you wish to prefer jeep safari. They track the wildcat by unique strategies which include analysing pugmarks that require high level experience being in the forest. Hence, you have a lot better chances of the sightings.
Pros And Cons Of Jeep Safari
- Jeep safari is the best safari type for sighting. An expert tiger tracker shall be an added advantage and boosts the sighting chances to 90%.
- Unlike canter, a jeep can get through the toughest terrains and hence, it is worth every penny.
Jeep safari are expensive when compared to the other safari types.
Why booking package is better than just safaris?
We at WildTrails are aware of the importance of a vacation and that the quality of services should never be compromised. With the help of fast-growing technology and AI, we are the only company with sightings information which is used to create predictive metric called Sighting Index. Picking the right safari zone and having an Expert Tracker is 90% of getting Great Sightings. We design this for you to get the best wildlife experience with the stay and safari together, not to forget allotting the right Expert Tracker while on safari
How to book safari in Sariska National Park?
You can book the safari well in advance online.
Booking online is just 4 clicks away.
- Head over to WildTrails Packages
- Choose the dates and type of accommodation.
- Select ‘Send Enquiry’.
- An expert from WildTrails shall reach out to you once the availability of permits and accommodations are sorted.
With 4 years of Sightings data + Extensive expert tracker network in jungles, our customers had the best wildlife experiences.
Buy Wildlife Fashion Accessories
Exclusive Online Store for wildlife products