Sighting Based Tadoba Jungle Safari Packages | Tadoba Wildlife Tour Package
1. TADOBA NATIONAL PARK
The park is known for its lush greenery and amazing wildlife sightings. Tadoba is one of the oldest and also largest parks in Maharashtra known for its amazing Tiger Sightings. The lake inside the main area of Tadoba known as Tadoba lake is also one of the main attractions inside the park as tourists can spot various wildlife and birds also.
The park is located in the Chandrapur district of Maharashtra just a 2-hour drive away from Nagpur. The park’s name is derived from the name of the God “Tadoba” “Taru”. Taru was the chief of the village and it is believed that he died in an encounter with a Tiger.
2. WILDLIFE OF TADOBA NATIONAL PARK
Tadoba always remains in news for its Tiger Sightings and the rare sighting of Black Panther also. Other than Kabini, you can spot Black Panther in Tadoba only in India(Rare Sighting). Other than Tigers and Black Panther the park is also famous for Leopards, Sloth Bears, Wild Dogs, Barking Deer, Jackal, bison, sambar, a herd of deer and many more.
Some famous Tigers of Tadoba are:
Maya(Tigress): She is known as the undisputed queen of Tadoba and also as the famous mom of Tadoba.
Matkasur: The tiger is known as the dominant male of Tadoba. Matkasur is known as the “King of Tadoba” for his wins against Gabbar tiger.
Sonam: She is the daughter of famous tigress Madhuri and has a great contribution to the recent spurt of tiger cubs.
Choti Tara: She is the daughter of Tara, this is one of the few tigers with a radio collar that is used to track the tigress’s movement.
3. TIGER SIGHTING INDEX
You can check the Current tiger sighting of Tadoba here. The recent tiger sightings data is on the basis of weekly, monthly and yearly as well. You can compare the sightings before any trip to Tadoba.
4. TADOBA SAFARI TIMINGS
The park remains closed on Tuesdays. The park is also closed from June to October. There are two safaris in a day i.e one in the morning and one during the afternoon. The timings, however, depends on the season also. The safaris in Tadoba are allowed from sunrise to sunset with a break between 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
5. TADOBA SAFARI GATES
Core gates of Tadoba for jungle safari: Moharli, Khutwanda, Navegaon, Kolara, Kolsa-Zari, Pangdi
Buffer gates of Tadoba for jungle safari: Alizanza zone, Devada Adegaon, Agarzari, Junona, Kolara Buffer Gates, and Ramdegi Buffer Gate
Tadoba National Park is divided into three safari zones :
- Tadoba Range (via Kolara and Navegaon gates)
- Moharli Range ( via Moharli and Khutwanda gates)
- Kolsa Range (via Moharli and Khutwanda gates )
Check the difference between Tadoba Core zone and Tadoba buffer areas (Click Here)
6. PLACES TO VISIT NEAR TADOBA
The park is enclosed by some amazing places and temples like Tadoba Lake, Sankatmochan Hanuman Mandir, Shiv Mandir, and Urjanagar Lake.
- Tadoba Lake: This lake is located in the center of the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve. You can This place is perfect for the people who loves bird watching. You can spot some commonly spotted birds and some migratory birds also. Tigers also visit this lake mostly in the summer season.
- Moharli: This is a small village located near the park. Moharli village also serves as the entry gate for the Moharli zone of Tadoba.
- Sevagram: A small village that is located at a distance of 8 km from Warda. Sevagram Ashram was set up by Mahatma Gandhi. The park was started with few villagers and then a place where Gandhiji started his fight against the caste system by employing some Harijans in the kitchen.
7. HOW TO REACH TADOBA?
By Air: The nearest airport to the park is Nagpur. Many flights connect Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and other important states with Nagpur.
The nearest railway station to Tadoba National Park is the Chandrapur railway station (located 45 km away from the park). Chandrapur is connected to all important cities through national highways.
By Road: There is a very good number of Buses and cars from all surrounding cities connect with the park.
With 4 years of Sightings data + Extensive expert tracker network in jungles, our customers had the best wildlife experiences.
Buy Wildlife Fashion Accessories
Exclusive Online Store for wildlife products