FAQs About Ranthambore National Park
One of the many gems of Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park stands out of all other forest reserves in India. There are various reasons, however, it is one of the most explored national parks. The forest is vast enough to have more than 10 gates to explore for wildlife and hence it is indeed a tedious task to plan a safari here. We, at WildTrails have successfully organised a lot of safari trips to Ranthambore. Hence, our experts have come up with some of the FAQs about Ranthambore.
How Many Tiger Safari Zones are there in Ranthambore?
There are 10 safari zones in Ranthambore National Park. Out of these, Zones 1-6 is the best for spotting tigers in Ranthambore National Park. The buffer zones (zones 7-10) also offer great sightings. Get to know more of the Safari Zones and Gates Of Ranthambore, which zone to choose for safari at https://wildtrails.in/
2. What is the Jungle Safari Timings in Ranthambore?
The jungle safari timings in Ranthambore are different for the summer and winter seasons. The daylight hours are shorter in winters, while they are longer during the summers. The morning safaris in Ranthambore National Park are conducted from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM, while the evening safaris are conducted from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. The timings may change depending on the season.
3. How many types of Jungle safaris are there in Ranthambore?
- Exclusive Jeep safaris
- Shared Jeep Safaris
- Canter Safari(Shared option)
- Full Day exclusive safari
- Half day excluisve safari
4. What is the difference between Full day, exclusive, Shared & Canter safaris
Exclusive Safari: Safaris jeeps are exclusive for your family. No other travelers are allowed to get in your jeep. You can conveniently have breakfast and you will have control to stop the jeep wherever and whenever you want. Also, only for exclusive jeeps, WildTrails expert tiger trackers will be allocated.
Shared Jeep Safaris: One safari Jeep can accommodate 6 people. The cost of the entire jeep safari is say X cost + cost of the guide & driver which is divided into 6 parts. But if you have 4 persons in the gypsy/Jeep & rest are absent then the remaining 2 seat amount will be divided by 4 and you are supposed to pay the difference amount. If u r alone then u will have to pay the full amount. Also, Expert wildlife trackers will not be allocated for a shared jeep or canter safari. Book your online Jeep Safari.
Canter Safari: Canters are big open buses and all these buses go into Core Zones. And canters are pocket friendly too.
Full-Day Safaris: Full-day safaris are expensive and these are meant for wildlife photographers. In full-day safaris, you are allowed to be in the forest from early morning till late evening and you have zone-free access. Only 4 people are allowed in full-day safaris. Why a full-day safari matters most in Ranthambore?
5. Where are the best places to explore in and around Delhi?
Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore National Park, Bharatpur, Sariska national park, Corbett National Park, Pilibhit National Park, Dudhwa National Park, Jhalana Leopard Reserve to name a few.
6. What are few popular tigers in Ranthambore?
- T-84 -Arrowhead
- T- 39 – Noor
- T-42 – Fateh
Machli, the tigress, once ruled the woods and was the pride of Ranthambore. Unfortunately, she passed away in 2016.
7. What is the best way to reach Ranthambore?
The nearest International airports are-
Indira Gandhi International Airport – 373 km from Ranthambore National Park
Jaipur International Airport – 182 km from Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park is around 190 kilometres from Jaipur and 400 kilometres from Delhi.
You need to arrive at Sawai Madhopur railway station which is around 10 kilometres from
Ranthambore National Park.
8. Are Ranthambore Jungle Safe
Yes, Jungle safari are safe
9. What do you mean by Expert Tiger Tracker?
WildTrails has a complete database of forest guides, forest drivers & naturalists. We have details of their experience, their wildlife tracking skills etc. Nobody can guarantee a tiger or wildlife sightings, but with Wildlife sighting data, allocating a guide/driver with better tracking skill will increase your chances of sighting widlife.
10. Ranthambore Packages or Ranthambore Safari Packages
In WildTrails, we have park wise packages, multi-park packages & fixed departure packages. The beauty of our packages is along with the packages you get to see recent wildlife sightings and live updates. WildTrails has in-depth knowledge of sightings and we have a huge network of expert tiger trackers. Our Packages involve end to end services that stay with all meals, safaris gates based on sightings, pick up & drop from resort to the safari gate, expert tiger trackers for all your safaris and if required we also help with airport to airport pick up & drop.
11. Few of the Ranthambore tour packages or Ranthambore safaris packages are below
3 Nights 4 Days Ranthambore Safari Packages or 3 Nights 4 Days Ranthambore Tiger Safari Packages
Adults: 2 &1 child
Resort: Premium, Luxury, Mid-Range, or Budget
3-night stay, 1 Room & 1 extra bed (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), 3 safaris (1 core & 2 buffer), pick up & drop from resort to the safari gates, Expert Tiger Tracker, pick up drop from Nagpur, WildTrails customer support
*Total package cost = INR /-*
These packages are easily customizable as per your requirements. You could easily customize: To know more Ranthambore Packages Please visit our website Packages.wildtrails.in.
12. How do I book Ranthambore Safari Online?
Head over to https://wildtrails.in/ for the best deals on accommodations and safari.
13. What Documents & Information Required to Book Ranthambore Safari?
To book your Ranthambore Safari online in advance, you will be required to provide the following details:
- ID proof like Aadhaar Card, Voter Id, PAN Card, Driving License (mandatory).
- Date of booking safari & safari timings (morning/afternoon).
- Information about each visitor as printed on the ID Card including full name, sex, etc.
- Safari entry fees are paid in advance.
- A passport copy is required for International tourists.
14. Are safari bookings refundable?
No refund or cancellation is permitted on confirmed bookings.
15. How many days in advance can I book the Ranthambore Safari?
You can book your Ranthambore Safari as early as 90 days in advance.
16. What is the probability of sighting tigers?
The sightings in the jungle are more of a gamble. Tiger sightings can never be guaranteed. However, you can only improve the chances. We, at WildTrails, are pioneers in scheduling a safari tour based on the sighting index. It is the data of the wildlife received directly from the forest.
The other major factor is accommodating an expert tiger tracker. These are the best people who can help you find the best sighting while on safari.
17. Which is the Best Gate in Ranthambore?
There is no gate that is termed as the best. An expert tiger tracker along with the sighting data can help you better the chance of wildlife sightings.
18. How many Tigers are there in Ranthambore National Park?
The buffer and the core areas of Ranthambore National Park is estimated to have 65-70 according to the locals over there.
19. When is the best time to visit Ranthambore?
The best time to visit Ranthambore for safari would be from October to June. July to September would not be a good time due to rains.
Weather from October to February is expected to be extremely cold, particularly during morning safari. It is strongly recommended to plan your attire accordingly.
The weather during March to June is expected to be dry and humid.
20. What are the things that need to be carried while on a safari in Ranthambore?
Lot of things are to be carried for the safari. The topmost thing to be carried out would be drinking water. The safari would either be in the morning or during afternoon and you can expect the humidity to be high. Sunscreen lotion, hat, sunglasses are the necessities. Never carry liquor or tobacco while on safari.
Never ever forget your camera because you don’t want to miss out on the rarest sighting.
21. What to wear while on safari in Ranthambore?
Wear light-coloured clothes while on safari. Carry rain jackets since the rains are unpredictable here. We recommend you carry gloves, sweaters, warm caps, mufflers during winter.
22. Which is a better slot for safari? Morning or afternoon?
A tricky question. However, we would recommend scheduling 2 safari drives, one each in the morning and afternoon.
At Ranthambore, you have the option for half-day and full-day safari.
Customers who have booked Ranthambore Packages with WIldTrails: What customers have to say who booked Ranthambore safari paackges with us:
23. Which national park do you suggest visiting?
Ranthambore National Park is indeed the most visited national park and is recommended to visit for a lifetime experience.
24. Is the transfer from the resort to the gate included in the package?
The transfer from the resort to the safari gate is included in the Ranthambore safari package. Best resorts To stay in Ranthambore
25. Which safari option is better? Gypsy or canter?
Gypsy is better for effective sighting. You can explore deep through the woods in Gypsy. The safari duration is longer in Gypsy compared to canter.
26. Are Personal Vehicles allowed in the Ranthambore national park
No, the Indian Forest Department doesn’t allow private or personal vehicles inside the forest.
27. What is the advantage of booking With WildTrails?
WildTrails is a pioneer in organising wildlife tours to all the major national parks in India and Africa. Hence, we take care of end to end bookings that are needed for a Wildlifer.
28. What do WildTrails Recent Sightings mean?
WildTrails have come up with the use of the emerging technology and reliability of the genuine data known as sighting index. It is now much easier and more accurate to predict the region of the forest with tiger sightings with the help of a sighting index. In a place where there is no GPS, anyone can rely on us to plan a wildlife safari.
29. How is WildTrails unique from others?
6 reasons why booking from Wild Trails makes you stand out of others-
- Hassle free booking experience.
- Support assistance from the experts.
- Expert Tiger Tracker for your safari.
- Sightings data (Exclusively from Wildtrails) for effective planning of your wildlife venture.
- We take care of your complete vacation, from transfer, accommodation, safari, meals to make it stress-free.
- 16-hour chat support
30. What is WildTrails USP?
Sighting Index and expert tiger tracker for safari. With these, we boost your sighting chances upto 90% while the rest depends on the fortune.
31. Do you do Africa safaris as well?
Yes, we do help schedule safari trips to Africa.
32. What are WildTrails cancellation policies?
- 30% deduction anytime after the trip is booked
- 50% payment deduction, if 1 month before the trip is canceled
- 85% payment deduction, if 15 days before the trip is canceled
- 100% payment deduction, if the trip is canceled within 15 days
Any cancellation refund will be only as a credit note. In case of any changes, we charge 5% as charge fee from our side (if there is scope & availability for a change) and any resort/safari/governmental charges if any on top of it. (change is possible only if there is availability)
33. How do I make payment? Can I pay by credit card?
Payments can be made either by-
- Wire transfer
- Card(payment gateway charges apply)
34. Ranthambore online safari booking. Will you help?
Yes, we are happy to help you. Head over to https://wildtrails.in/ to book your safari to Ranthambore.
Reasons to book your holiday with WildTrails-
1) Dedicated platform for wildlife holiday.
2) No travel agent commission involved. Direct price from the resorts, hence, the best price in the market.
3) No middlemen, no additional commissions, no unnecessary markups, the best competitive rates you can ever get, and the best part is you connect directly with the Resorts/Hotels
To know more and to get a full list of jungle/nature resorts, please click https://wildtrails.in
Ranthambore National Park is explored not just by the wildlife enthusiasts but also the travellers all over the country. Most of the travellers will be from Jaipur and Delhi since these cities are closer to the forest reserve. Hence, it is of utmost importance that you need to know the reality before planning for a safari tour here. Hence, the above FAQs about Ranthambore shall help you plan better. Connect with experts to plan your next wildlife adventure by heading over to our portal.
With 4 years of Sightings data + Extensive expert tracker network in jungles, our customers had the best wildlife experiences.
Buy Wildlife Fashion Accessories
Exclusive Online Store for wildlife products