How To Book Safaris at Jim Corbett | Process Of Booking Safaris At Corbett
A drive through the terrain of Jim Corbett is indeed an adventure. Safari booking in Jim Corbett is easy and can be booked online. At WildTrails, we make it easier for you to book the perfect itinerary for the safari.
Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park of India. It is in the city of Ramnagar in Nainital district of Uttarkhand – the state which is considered as ‘Simply Heaven’ across the globe. The park is spread across 520 square kilometres and covers the major portion of Corbett Tiger reserve and is located around 1300 – 4000 feet from sea level. The forest is known for sighting of the royal Bengal Tiger. There are over 500 different species of flora and fauna can be found throughout the area. Sightings that are common include Langurs, sloth bears, Asiatic black bears, Indian gray mongooses, jungle cats, elephants, wild boars, spotted deer, barking deer, and Indian antelope. Reptiles and amphibians include a variety of snakes and species of crocodiles. A drive through the terrain of Jim Corbett is indeed an adventure. Safari booking in Jim Corbett is easy and can be booked online. At WildTrails, we make it easier for you to book the perfect itinerary for the safari.
The best time to visit Jim Corbett National Park is anytime between November and May. The park is closed between June and October due to heavy rains. The Best Time To Visit Jim Corbett National Park exclusively for tiger sighting is between March to May.
The lodges and resorts are seen located inside the forest.
Different Kinds Of Safari Available In Jim Corbett
A single canter can accommodate up to 18 tourists. However, you can find canters only In Dhikala zone where the path is mystic to have a canter ride.
The canter is scheduled to board from Ramnagar at 7:30 AM. The safari lasts for 5 hours and can be booked offline and online.
Pros And Cons Of Canter Safari
- Canter safari works out if the group size is huge. They are economical and worth the buck.
- There is no expert tiger tracker assigned while on canter safari.
- The canter cannot penetrate to deep woods and hence less possibility of sightings.
Get yourself immersed into the Mesmerising beauty of dense forests. Elephant safari is one of the unique types of safari found in Jim Corbett. The Kumaun region is accessible through elephant rides which lasts for about 1.5 hours.
Pros And Cons Of Elephant Safari
- Get into the parts of jungle where jeeps or canters cannot be driven through.
- Chances of unique sightings are more. Besides, you can enjoy the calmness of the forest while on safari.
- The safari duration is less when compared to the jeep or canter ride. Hence, the total area covered shall be very less.
A 3-hour ride through the woods in an open-air gypsy is indeed the best way to explore the flora and fauna in Jim Corbett. There are 2 safari drives scheduled per day. The morning safari is scheduled at 6 AM and the evening drive is scheduled at 3 PM. Moreover, you will be assigned with an expert tiger tracker if you wish to prefer jeep safari. Hence, much better chances of sightings.
Pros And Cons Of Jeep Safari
- Jeep safari is the best safari type for sighting. An expert tiger tracker shall be an added advantage and boosts the sighting chances to 90%.
- Unlike canter, a jeep can get through the toughest terrains and hence, it is worth every penny.
Jeep safari are expensive when compared to the other safari types.
How to book safari in Jim Corbett National Park?
You can book the safari well in advance online. Booking online is just 4 clicks away.
- Head over to WildTrails Packages
- Choose the dates and type of accommodation.
- Select ‘Send Enquiry’.
- An expert from WildTrails shall reach out to you once the availability of permits and accommodations are sorted.
Why To Book With WildTrails
With 4 years of Sightings data + Extensive expert tracker network in jungles, our customers had the best wildlife experiences.
Buy Wildlife Fashion Accessories
Exclusive Online Store for wildlife products