FAQs about Pench National Park
About Pench National Park
The varied geography of Pench consists of small mountains and sundry woods that make pench a dream destination for anyone in this world. Pench is named after the river that is considered as its lifeline, the Pench national park is spread over the Satpura mountain range from which the Pench river belt passes. The beautiful Pench River flowing through the National Park maintains the rich foliage of this wildlife haven. Pench National Park is located on the border of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra, in the Nagpur district of Maharashtra. The park is covered with the southern tropical dry deciduous forest. The undulating topography supports a mosaic of vegetation, from damp, sheltered valleys to open dry deciduous forests. Most of the area is covered with sandy loam, which is especially fertile in the valleys and fairly so on the slopes. Red stones and saline soils occur in some areas. Alluvial soils are found on the banks of the Pench river and other streams and canals that crisscross the area.
Forest Area :
Buffer : 465.00 sq. km.
Core : 292.85 sq. km.
Total : 757.85 sq. km.
Forest Type :
The most commonly-found carnivore and omnivore species in Pench National Park include Indian tigers, Leopard, wild dogs, jungle cats, wild boars, chital, jackal, hyenas, and wolf. Herbivores species like Deer, rhesus macaque, langur, gaur, sambar, and Gaur can also be seen in the herd in the forest. In total, there are more than 210 species of bird in Pench National Park. Amongst these species around 170 species comprise various migratory birds.
How Many Tiger Safari Zones are there in Pench?
There are 11 safari Gates in Pench National Park. Few are core gates & few are buffer gates. Sightings are good in a few of the core and buffer. To know more about the details of the sightings please visit WildTrails website https://wildtrails.in/
2. What is the Jungle Safari Timings in Pench?
The jungle safari timings in Pench are different for the summer and winter seasons. The daylight hours are shorter in winters, while they are longer during the summers. The morning safaris in Pench National Park are conducted from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM, while the evening safaris are conducted from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. The timings may change depending on the season.
3. How many types of Jungle safaris are there in Pench?
- Exclusive Jeep safaris
- Shared Jeep Safaris
- Canter Safari(Shared option)
- Full-Day exclusive safari
4. What is the difference between Full day, exclusive, Shared & Canter safaris
Exclusive Safari: Safaris jeeps are exclusive for your family. No other travelers are allowed to get in your jeep. You can conveniently have breakfast and you will have control to stop the jeep where ever and whenever you want. Also, only for exclusive jeeps, WildTrails expert tiger trackers will be allocated.
Shared Jeep Safaris: One safari Jeep can accommodate 6 people. The cost of the entire jeep safari is X cost + cost of the guide & driver which is divided into 6 parts. But if u have 4 persons in the gypsy/Jeep rest are absent then the remaining 2 seat amount is divided by 4 and you are supposed to pay the difference amount. If u r alone then u will have to pay the full amount. Also, Expert wildlife trackers will not be allocated for a shared jeep or canter safaris. Know How to Book Jeep Safaris At Pench.
Canter Safari: Canters are big open bus and all these buses go into Core Zones. And canters are pocket friendly too
Full-Day Safaris: Full-day safaris are expensive and these are meant for wildlife photographers. In full-day safaris, you are allowed to be in the forest from early morning till late evening and you have zone-free access. Only 4 people are allowed in full-day safaris.
5. Where are the best places to explore in and around Nagpur?
Nagpur is called the Tiger Capital. From Nagpur Pench is 120 km, Tadoba is 140 km, Umred is 80kms, Nagzira is 160 km.
6. What are a few popular tigers in Pench?
- Collarwali. T15 Collarwali Tigress or Mataram or Queen of Pench
- Patdev. T04
- Langdi. T20 Born in 2009 with a twisted right front leg was given a name as ‘Langdi
And many more
7. What is the best way to reach Pench?
By Air :
The nearest International airports are-
Nagpur Airport – 130 km Nagpur to Pench. Apprix 2.5 hours drive
Nagpur to Pench 130 Kms
Hydrabad to Pench via Nagpur : approx 500 kms
By Train :
You need to arrive at Nagpur railway station which is around 130 kilometers from Pench National Park.
8. Is Pench Jungle Safe
Yes, Jungle safari is safe
9. What do you mean by Expert Tiger Tracker?
WildTrails has a complete database of forest guides, forest drivers & naturalists. We have details of their experience, their wildlife tracking skills, etc. Nobody can guarantee a tiger or wildlife sightings, but with Wildlife sighting data, allocating a guide/driver with better tracking skills will increase your chances of sighting wildlife.
10. Pench Packages or Pench Safari Packages
In WildTrails, we have park-wise packages, multi-park packages & fixed departure packages. The beauty of our packages is along with the packages you get to see recent wildlife sightings and live updates. WildTrails has in-depth knowledge of sightings and we have a huge network of expert tiger trackers. Our Packages involve end-to-end services that stay with all meals, safaris gates based on sightings, pick up & drop from the resort to the safari gate, expert tiger trackers for all your safaris and if required we also help with the airport to airport pick up & drop.
11. Few of the Pench tour packages or Pench safaris packages are below
3 Nights 4 Days Pench Safari Packages or 3 Nights 4 Days Pench Tiger Safari Packages
Adults: 2 &1 child
Resort: Premium, Luxury, Mid-Range, or Budget
3-night stay, 1 Room & 1 extra bed (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), 3 safaris (1 core & 2 buffer), pick up & drop from resort to the safari gates, Expert Tiger Tracker, pick up drop from Nagpur, WildTrails customer support
*Total package cost = INR /-*
These packages are easily customizable as per your requirements. You could easily customize our wildlife packages: To know more about Pench Packages.
12. How do I book Pench Safari Online?
Head over to https://wildtrails.in/ for the best deals on accommodations and safari.
13. What Documents & Information Required to Book Pench Safari?
To book your Pench Safari online in advance, you will be required to provide the following details:
- ID proof like Aadhaar Card, Voter Id, PAN Card, Driving License (mandatory).
- Date of booking safari & safari timings (morning/afternoon).
- Information about each visitor as printed on the ID Card including full name, sex, etc.
- Safari entry fees are paid in advance.
- A passport copy is required for International tourists.
14. Are safari bookings refundable?
No refund or cancellation is permitted on confirmed bookings.
15. How many days in advance can I book the Pench Safari?
You Should book your Pench Safari as early as 90 days in advance.
16. What is the probability of sighting tigers?
The sightings in the jungle are more of a gamble. Tiger sightings can never be guaranteed. However, you can only improve the chances. We, at WildTrails, are pioneers in scheduling a safari tour based on the sighting index. It is the data of the wildlife received directly from the forest.
The other major factor is accommodating an expert tiger tracker. These are the best people who can help you find the best sighting while on safari.
17. Which is the Best Gate in Pench?
There is no gate that is termed as the best. An expert tiger tracker along with the sighting data can help you better the chance of wildlife sightings. Check out more details of the Pench Safari gates
18. How many Tigers are there in Pench National Park?
The buffer and the core areas of Pench National Park are estimated to have 65-70 according to the locals over there.
The best time to visit Pench for a safari would be from October to June. July to September would not be a good time due to rains.
Weather from October to February is expected to be extremely cold, particularly during the morning safari. It is strongly recommended to plan your attire accordingly.
The weather from March to June is expected to be dry and humid.
20. What are the things that need to be carried while on a safari in Pench?
A lot of things are to be carried for the safari. The topmost thing to be carried out would be drinking water. The safari would either be in the morning or during the afternoon and you can expect the humidity to be high. Sunscreen lotion, hat, sunglasses are the necessities. Never carry liquor or tobacco while on safari.
Never ever forget your camera because you don’t want to miss out on the rarest sighting.
21. What to wear while on safari in Pench?
Wear light-colored clothes while on safari. Carry rain jackets since the rains are unpredictable here. We recommend you carry gloves, sweaters, warm caps, mufflers during winter.
22 Which is a better slot for safari? Morning or afternoon?
A tricky question. However, we would recommend scheduling 2 safari drives, one each in the morning and afternoon.
At Pench, you have the option for a half-day and full-day safari.
23. Which national park do you suggest visiting?
Pench National Park is indeed the most visited national park and is recommended to visit for a lifetime experience.
24. Is the transfer from the resort to the gate included in the package?
The transfer from the resort to the safari gate is included in the Pench safari package.
Customers who have booked Pench Packages with WildTrails: What customers have to say who booked Pench safari packages with us:
25. Which safari option is better? Gypsy or canter?
Gypsy is better for effective sighting. You can explore deep through the woods in Gypsy. The safari duration is longer in Gypsy compared to canter.
26. Are Personal Vehicles allowed in the Pench national park
No, the Indian Forest Department doesn’t allow private or personal vehicles inside the forest.
27. What is the advantage of booking With WildTrails?
WildTrails is a pioneer in organizing wildlife tours to all the major national parks in India and Africa. Hence, we take care of end to end bookings that are needed for Wildlifers.
28. What do WildTrails Recent Sightings mean?
WildTrails have come up with the use of the emerging technology and reliability of the genuine data known as sighting index. It is now much easier and more accurate to predict the region of the forest with tiger sightings with the help of a sighting index. In a place where there is no GPS, anyone can rely on us to plan a wildlife safari.
29. How is WildTrails unique from others?
6 reasons why booking from Wild Trails makes you stand out from others-
- Hassle-free booking experience.
- Support assistance from the experts.
- Expert Tiger Tracker for your safari.
- Sightings data (Exclusively from Wildtrails) for effective planning of your wildlife venture.
- We take care of your complete vacation, from transfer, accommodation, safari, meals to make it stress-free.
- 16-hour chat support
30. What is WildTrails USP?
Sighting Index and expert tiger tracker for safari. With these, we boost your sighting chances up to 90% while the rest depends on the fortune.
31. Do you do Africa safaris as well?
Yes, we do help schedule safari trips to Africa.
32. What are WildTrails cancellation policies?
- 30% deduction anytime after the trip is booked
- 50% payment deduction, if 1 month before the trip is canceled
- 85% payment deduction, if 15 days before the trip is canceled
- 100% payment deduction, if the trip is canceled within 15 days
Any cancellation refund will be only as a credit note. In case of any changes, we charge 5% as a charge fee from our side (if there is scope & availability for a change) and any resort/safari/governmental charges if any on top of it. (change is possible only if there is availability)
33. How do I make payment? Can I pay by credit card?
Payments can be made either by-
- Wire transfer
- Card(payment gateway charges apply)
34. Pench online safari booking. Will you help?
Yes, we are happy to help you. Head over to https://wildtrails.in/ to book your safari to Pench.
Reasons to book your holiday with WildTrails-
1) Dedicated platform for a wildlife holiday.
2) No travel agent commission involved. Direct price from the resorts, hence, the best price in the market.
3) No middlemen, no additional commissions, no unnecessary markups, the best competitive rates you can ever get, and the best part is you connect directly with the Resorts/Hotels
To know more and to get a full list of jungle/nature resorts, please click https://wildtrails.in
Pench National Park is explored not just by wildlife enthusiasts but also travelers all over the country. It is of utmost importance that you need to know the reality before planning for a safari tour here. Hence, the above FAQs about pench shall help you plan better. Connect with experts to plan your next wildlife adventure by heading over to our portal.
With 4 years of Sightings data + Extensive expert tracker network in jungles, our customers had the best wildlife experiences.
Buy Wildlife Fashion Accessories
Exclusive Online Store for wildlife products